All school meals should be selected and paid for using Parent Pay. Click here to visit the site.
School Meals Service
All school meals eaten in the Borders are produced in the Borders and our schools follow the same menus and recipes.
- school meals to 72 school kitchens across the Scottish Borders
- 6000 primary school meals a day
- school meals to pupils with special dietary requirements (please ask staff in the school office about the Special Dietary Requirement procedure)
Primary school menus have been developed to meet national nutritional standards for food and drink in schools. Our recipes contain less fat, sugar and salt and are now better balanced, healthier and more nutritious.
Your child will have a choice of:
- soup with a sandwich
- one of two main course options
- grab five packed lunch (ask if this option is available at your school)
- themed lunches based on projects, curriculum or external events.
Menus are issued throughout the year and are based on a four week menu cycle. A pre-ordering system is in place which allows you to spend time discussing your child’s weekly choices in advance.
The current primary school menu can be found online by clicking here.
P1-3 Free School Meals
Parents of Primary One to Primary Three pupils in the Borders are reminded that their child is eligible for a free school meal as part of the Scottish Government’s new initiative.
The scheme is now in place and every P1 to P3 pupil can now receive a free nutritional meal that complies with current legislation and help towards improved learning attainment.