Welcome to Kingsland Primary School Parent Council
The purpose of the Parent Council is to promote the advancement of education in Kingsland Primary School, Peebles, by:
- Ensuring and enabling close co-operation and communication between parents and teachers.
- Studying and discussing matters of mutual interest relating to the education and welfare of the student body.
- Engaging in activities which support and advance the education and mental and physical wellbeing of the student body.
- Supporting the school to make improvements where needed by working with parents, children, teachers and school staff and the wider community.
- Promoting the equality of experience regardless of socioeconomic background.
Who Are We?
Our Parent Council is a group of parents/carers of children attending the school. We have regular meetings, with the staff leadership team. Pre-covid we had the main Parent Council and the Leisure and Social sub-committee. We are now one group.
Although, parents can join the council at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) or when numbers have fallen below six, you can contact us at any time. We are always looking for ideas, suggestions projects to fund and of course general school matters. We are here to enhance the experience for your children at Kingsland. Please note however, we can not help with specific issues you have with the school.
Our current Parent Council are:
- Zoe Watson – Chairperson
- Kathryn McBean – Vice-chair/Treasurer
- Laura Grant – Secretary
- Simon Charles
- Gareth Wilkinson
- Jenny Mitchell
- Lynsey Brockie
- Rosie Thompson
- Stephen Sewell
- Tom Jones
Volunteers WhatsApp group
We have a dedicated WhatsApp group called “Kingsland Volunteers”, where we do shout outs for specific volunteer opportunities. The communication on this channel is really restricted so you will not be bombarded with loads of messages – if you would like an invite to the group please let us know.
We also try to be active in the Facebook Groups and WhatsApp groups each year group at the school. We do have Parent Council members in each year group so please feel free to speak to one of us.
In September 2020, the Parent Council became a SCIO registered with OSCR (with registration number SC050455). The SCIO has a Chairperson, Vice-Chair, Secretary and Treasurer and every year a set of accounts must be independently examined and submitted to OSCR. We are governed by a Constitution.
Our AGM is held in September of each year. All parents/carers will be sent notice of the date, time and place at least two weeks in advance.
The Parent Council can be contacted via the school office, via one of the Facebook or WhatsApp groups or by email: email@example.com